Below are research opportunities from within and outside of the department of Sociology.
Kids Involvement and Diversity Study (KIDS)
This is a new, ongoing, and collaborative research project that investigates youth activities, social inequality, and associated development outcomes. The project will explore how out-of-school activities are perceived and experienced by parents and children from diverse and under-represented social backgrounds.
There are multiple opportunities for undergraduates to get involved and gain research experience.
Possible opportunities include:
- Interview Recruitment, Interview Transcription, Arrangement, and Prep Content Analysis of Interviews/ Focus Groups
- Gather data about participation rates in Minnesota
- Field Scouting activity availability and offerings in specific neighborhoods
- Preliminary Ethnographic work of specific activities
- Assisting with developing a map of activities in the Twin Cities Metro
- Analyze and summarize data collected from Activities History Calendar