Good Evening Student,
Listed below are events and opportunities to develop your skills and experiences as you enter the real world.
Best of luck on midterms!
Upcoming Drop-In Hours can be found on our website here. Appointments are also available by calling 612-624-4300.
TWIN CITIES STARTUP WEEK JOB MARKET
Meet University of Michigan and University of Chicago Law School Admission Deans
When: Wednesday, October 11th 5:30-7:30pm
Where: B85 Tate
Join Ann Killian Perry and Sarah Zearfoss, the law school admission deans from the University of Chicago and the University of Michigan, for a realistic look at the process of admissions at selective law schools. With almost four decades of combined experience, these admissions deans will provide invaluable insight into factors to take into account in applying to and choosing among law schools, as well as how to best present your experience in your application materials.
Tutors Needed for the McNamara Academic Center for Student Athletes
Adam Demchak, the Tutor Coordinator for the McNamara Academic Center for Student Athletes needs Sociology Major Specific students to help tutor.
1) Fill out the online application.
-Resume, Copy of Transcript (unofficial is fine), Cover Letter
Oct 9th-13th has been named National Transfer Student Week by the National Institute for the Study of Transfer Students!
- In order to celebrate and acknowledge all of the contributions transfer students make to our campus, U of M maroon and gold “Transfer” computer stickers will be delivered to the Student Services/advising offices for staff to use and to give to the transfer students you encounter. Please keep an eye out for these and disseminate! Let me know if you need more.
- In addition, OFYP and OUE are collaborating on a social media campaign aimed at our students. We will be asking them to share their stories on the U of M Transfer Student Facebook Page and other social media accounts using the hashtag #UMNtransfers.
- On average, 30% of our incoming student class every fall are transfer students (this is somewhere between 2,110-,2300 students, depending on the year).
- Approximately 39% of our transfer students are first-generation college students.
- Approximately 33% transfer from a MNSCU 2-year school.
- 16% of incoming transfers are international students (compared to 6% of our freshmen class).
- Transfer students are excited to take advantage of all the resources the U of M has to offer:
- 55% of incoming transfer students state they intend to pursue a research project while at the U of M.
- 71% of incoming transfers plan to pursue an internship while at the U of M.
- 64% of incoming transfers plan to get involved in a U of M student organization.
- A workshop series for first-semester transfers.
- Two student groups, the University Transfer Student Board & Tau Sigma Honor Society
- A monthly newsletter for first-semester transfer students.
- A peer mentoring program for first-semester transfers.
2017 U OF M DAY OF SERVICE
Saturday, October 14 * Last Chance to Register!
Join your fellow Gophers, family and friends for U of M Day of Service on October 14 by registering today. Registration closes on October 11th. Gophers in Minnesota, across the US and internationally will come together in the spirit of maroon and gold to serve side by side in their communities. It’s one big day of service and gratitude!
Alumni and friends in Minnesota there are more than a dozen locations from which to choose. Check them out and register today! More Info
Student Parent HELP Center
Explore more opportunities on our website!